As a middle class white female, I was brought up where the “Woman stayed at home and men worked” mentality. Hence most of my artwork is primarily male dominated starting with a “men at work” theme a few years ago which threads a continuous pattern through my work today. My subdued tonal paintings seem to play havoc with people’s perception of me as a person. They see me as bright and bubbly – and find the work I produce out of character. People seem to enjoy putting a label on artwork or on the artist. I don’t spend time analysing or questioning why I paint what I do, or why I use muted colours (especially brown as it is my singularly most disliked colour in the every respect – and yet it is the colour I use most). I am acutely aware of images around me and constantly keep a camera on hand in order not to miss any lost opportunities.
- 2010/2011 KZNSA Council Member
KZNSA Exhibitions Committee Chairperson
KZNSA Exco Committee Member
- 2009 Professional Practice Course – KZNSA
- 2009 Composition Workshop – KWAZUNVA (Kwa-Zulu Natal Visual Arts).
- 2009 KZNSA Exhibition Committee
- 2007-2009 KZNSA Council Member
- 2006/2007 KZNSA Members Committee
- 2006 Judging Workshop 2 – KWAZUNVA
- 2005 Judging Workshop 1 – KWAZUNVA
- 2004 / 2006 Executive Committee – KWAZUNVA
- 2005 / 2006 President Arts Interactive
- 2001 – 2006 Committee of Arts Interactive
- 2002 to date: Oil paint – under the tutelage of Pascal Chandler
- 1997 to date: Watercolour tuition by Thelma Buzzard
- 2011 Exhibition – New Work by Nicole Pletts, Pascale Chandler and Marianne Meijer – KZNSA Gallery
- 2010 Conglomerart – ArtSpace – Group Exhibition
- 2009 Finalist in SASOL New Signatures 2009 – exhibited Pretoria Art Museum
- 2009 PPC Course Group Exhibition KZNSA
- 2007 Exhibited in the Nivea Gallery – KZNSA – Marks on Paper.
- 2006 Finalist – Jabulisa. Exhibited at Tatham Art Gallery, Pietermartizburg
- 2004 – 2009 Exhibited at the KZNSA Members Exhibition.
- 2009 – Catalogue – Sasol New Signatures
- 2006 – Catalogue – Jabulisa – The art and Craft of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- 2005 – Best on Show – WSSA KZN – 2005